Our experienced Optometrists and dedicated dispensing team offer exceptional service.
Owner Sarah Clarke is also on the Specialist Register for Independent Prescribing. She has certificates in Post-Cataract discharge, Glaucoma, Ocular Aspects of Learning Disability and Dyslexia. She regularly attends conferences and training to ensure the range of services and treatment we offer is up to date. She first qualified in 1993.
Paul Manton first qualified in the same year and later went on to gain an MSc distinction from City University London. He has extensive experience in OCT analysis and complex contact lens fitting. Until recently he also worked at Clare & Illingworth Opticians in Wilmslow.
Naomi Farr is our fully qualified Dispensing Optician and is our resident expert in frames lenses and technically challenging dispensing. She oversees the ordering and checking of all our work and is also involved in the ongoing training of our other staff.
Some of the Specialized Services we offer:
- Eye Test inc OCT scan (45min appt) – £60
- NHS Covid Urgent Eyecare Service (CUES) appointments including foreign body removal, sore eyes, sudden vision loss, infection
- Dry eye consultations
- BlephEx lid treatment (not available during the pandemic)
- Meibomian gland expression
- Childrens enhanced assessments
- Contact lenses including multifocals
- OrthoK fitting
- Corneal Topography
- Estermann visual fields tests for drivers
- Complex dispensing
We also offer free NHS eye tests and liase with local NHS ophthamology services. OCT scans with an NHS eye test are charged at £40.
During the COVID19 crisis we strongly recommend that everyone has an OCT scan or retinal imaging which enables us to asses the detail inside the eye from a safer distance.