Our Owner & Optometrist Sarah Clarke has qualifications and experience which mean we can offer a range of specialized services not available elsewhere.
Sarah is one of a handful of Cheshire Optometrists on the Specialist Register for Independent Prescribing and also has certificates in Post-Cataract discharge, Glaucoma, Ocular Aspects of Learning Disability and Dyslexia. She has 25 years of experience and regularly attends conferences and training to ensure the range of services and treatment we offer is up to date.
In 2018 Sarah travelled to Nepal and provided eye tests, free glasses, eye disease diagnosis and treatment, and set up a surgical camp in a remote Himalayan village for hundreds of people.
Some of the Specialized Services we offer:
- Private & Student eye tests inc digital imaging of retina & anterior eye
- Sore/red eye emergency examinations and treatment (NHS funded in some circumstances) No need to visit A&E with a sore eye!
- Private prescribing of drugs to treat many eye conditions
- Dry eye consultation
- BlephEx lid treatment
- Meibomian gland expression
- Silicone punctum plugs for dry eyes
- Lacrimal duct syringing for watery eyes
- Demodex blepharitis treatment (up to 5 appointments)
- Childrens enhanced assessment including Irlen/ReadEz test
- Childrens HTS eye exercise program
- Contact lens trial
- OrthoK fitting
- Corneal Topography
- DVLA assessments
NHS funded services:
- Basic eye test if exempt (Under 19, over 60 or on certain benefits)
- Post-operative cataract discharge for Ophthalmologists
- Glaucoma tests inc Humphrey Visual Fields and Goldmann tonometry
- Topography at request of consultant
- Glaucoma Virtual Clinic tests
- Sore red eye emergency appointments subject to GP surgery