Our Optometrists have qualifications and experience which mean we can offer a range of specialized services.
Owner Sarah Clarke qualified in 1993 and is also one of a small number of Optometrists on the Specialist Register for Independent Prescribing. She has certificates in Post-Cataract discharge, Glaucoma, Ocular Aspects of Learning Disability and Dyslexia. She regularly attends conferences and training to ensure the range of services and treatment we offer is up to date. In 2020 she is taking part in a pilot study for Optometrist Prescribers working with Ophthalmologists at Leighton Hospital.
Paul Manton also first qualified in 1993 and later went on to gain an MSc distinction from City University London. He has extensive experience in OCT analysis and complex contact lens fitting. He also works at Clare & Illingworth Opticians in Wilmslow and Knutsford.
In 2018 Sarah travelled to Nepal and provided eye tests, free glasses, eye disease diagnosis and treatment, and set up a surgical camp in a remote Himalayan village for hundreds of people.
Some of the Specialized Services we offer:
- Private Eye Examinations include OCT scan as standard
- Sore/red eye emergency examinations and treatment
- Private prescribing of drugs to treat many eye conditions
- Dry eye consultations
- BlephEx lid treatment
- Meibomian gland expression
- Silicone punctum plugs for dry eyes
- Lacrimal duct syringing for watery eyes
- Demodex blepharitis treatments
- Childrens enhanced assessment including visual stress test
- Childrens HTS eye exercise program
- Contact lenses including multifocals
- OrthoK fitting
- Corneal Topography
- Estermann visual fields tests for drivers
- OCT scans and visual field tests for private Ophthalmologists
NHS funded services:
- Basic eye test if exempt (Under 19, over 60 or on certain benefits)
- Post-operative cataract discharge for Ophthalmologists
- Glaucoma tests inc Humphrey Visual Fields and Goldmann tonometry
- Topography at request of consultant
- Glaucoma Virtual Clinic tests including OCT scans
- Sore red eye emergency appointments subject to GP surgery