An eye test involves a thorough and accurate assessment of your prescription and a check of eye health both internal and externally by our Optometrist. Glasses or contact lenses may be recommended, but many people simply come for a reassuring annual eye check.
You will be given time to express any concerns that you have and discuss the findings.
In addition to the standard eye test we offer enhanced tests which include a detailed investigation of accommodation and convergence, can measure your fusional reserves, fixation disparity and eye dominance. Irlen testing is also available privately for adults, these tests are worth considering if you experience reading difficulties, visual stress, migraines or photophobia.
Whether you play golf, sing in a choir, sit in front of a screen all day or are a keen sportsperson your eyecare and eyewear needs will differ. We will offer you advice on the best products to precisely suit your needs. We are experienced in examining all age groups & those with communication & learning disability. At Park Lane Opticians our staff are fully trained to provide a smooth appointment and knowledgeable follow on from your eye test. Our prescriptions are guaranteed when dispensed by our practice.
- Private eye test (inc retinal imaging) £40
- Private eye test with dry eye assessment £50
- Premium private eye test with extended orthoptic assessment £75
- Home Visit (domi) private eye test if not NHS eligible £60
If private or eligible for a free NHS eye test, we could also provide any of the following tests:
- Retinal imaging (If NHS eye test) £15
- Dry eye/blepharitis assessment £35
- Contact lens trial (single vision) £35
- Contact lens trial (multifocal) £50
- Contact lens refit (existing wearer) £35
- Contact lens check £35
- Extended orthoptic assessment £30
- ReadEz colour testing £40
We host regular NHS ophthalmology clinics with Community Health & Eyecare Ltd. This means that we can refer our patients for NHS outpatient appointments which take place in our own consulting room usually with Professor Sadiq. We also provide virtual glaucoma clinics for consultants. This new development in NHS eyecare means patients are seen on time and frees up appointments in local hospital eye clinics.
We also work with:
- NHS cataract referral and follow up schemes.
- NHS glaucoma referral refinement including Goldmann tonometry.
- Macclesfield area GP referral refinement scheme which means we can see any patient on the NHS for an assessment of red or sore eye, sudden floaters or other recent onset problem that would otherwise require a GP visit.
- We accept Eyecare vouchers and can arrange corporate eyecare.
An NHS eye test is free for children up to 16, or under 19 for those in full time education. The NHS pays optical practices only £20 for an eye test and we recommend you consider paying for an enhanced assessment if your child’s reading development is causing concern. See our Childrens page for more information.